IF YOU’VE BEEN ON A MISSION to cut out bread from your life, then these buns will help you stay on that path. While most gluten-free options are anything but healthy, being packed with offenders like soy flour, corn flour and potato starch, these buns are super nutritious and filling.
They also contain ground flax, which is wonderful for digestion, as well as pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut oil as star ingredients. These paleo buns can be used for anything — from hamburger buns to avocado toast and omelette sandwiches. They are 100% keto-approved as well.
3/4 cup almond flour
3 tbsp ground flax
3 tbsp water
3 tbsp coconut oil or Bulletproof brain octane oil
2 tbsp ACV
2 tsp baking flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
Handful of sunflower seeds
Handful of pumpkin seeds
Pinch of black pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C.
2.Beat the eggs and add in the almond flour, ground flax and water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Add in the sunflower and pumpkin seeds, oil, black pepper and salt.
4. Add in the ACV and then add in the baking flour and baking soda.
5. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
6. Put two tablespoons of the mixture onto the baking tray.
7. Optional: top with sesame seeds or poppy seeds.
8. Bake for 20 minutes.